Come join our Patrons Oxford team in our brand new Portland building. Our awesome facility boasts a fitness center,
subsidized meals, solar panels, sit stand desks, alternative work schedule options, free parking, convenient right
off the interstate, walking paths, and outdoor picnic tables.
Portland Maine, why not?! Maine, as they say, is "the way life should be." Portland is Maine's largest city, but
still has that small city feel with a population of 65,000. Our way of life includes a dramatic rocky coast,
breathtaking beaches, cobblestone streets, dozens of close-by ski resorts, island speckled Casco Bay, a lively food
and craft brewery scene, and no one does lobster better! Maine isn't called vacation land for nothing.
Current Jobs Available:
Customer Service Representative
Responsible for providing customer service to agents, insureds, and internal stakeholders. This unique Operations position
will give you access to all departments: Marketing, Finance, IT, Underwriting and Claims. Interacts with all areas
of the company and continually looks for ways to improve efficiencies and overall service.
- Communicates over the telephone in a courteous and pleasant manner, projecting confidence with a positive tone.
- Optimize solutions to generate operational efficiency.
- Maintains self-control in difficult situations.
- Assist with front door monitoring and assistance as needed.
- Follows through on problems to a proper conclusion in a timely manner.
- Resolves problems that require judgment based on company guidelines and philosophies.
- Initiates changes and corrections based on customer requests.
- Researches and analyzes billing, claims, and underwriting issues.
- Identifies trends and reports items to appropriate management.
- Applies knowledge of company processes to explain requirements to callers.
- Assists other departments as necessary.
- Knowledge of several different software programs.
- This job description is not all inclusive and may include additional duties if needed.
- Perform customer service functions as directed.
- Order and screen miscellaneous reports needed in the rating and underwriting processes, such a Motor Vehicle Reports,
loss history reports, credit checks, outside inspections, loss control, etc.
Field inbound phone calls from agents and insureds ensuring customer needs are met with the highest standards of quality
- Communicate (verbal and written) complex issues in ways that the customer easily understands and can successfully apply
Flex communication style to match the customer need. Diffuses emotional customer situations effectively and recognizes
when to escalate.
Incoming and outgoing mail opening, sorting, delivery and processing.
- Works on assigned projects as need.
College Degree Preferred or High School with minimum four years related work experience.
At least two years in situations requiring customer service and work with automated insurance systems. General insurance
knowledge of billing, claims, and underwriting.
- Ability to communicate over the telephone using the English language in a clear, courteous manner with a positive tone.
- Familiar with window-based PC applications.
- Capable of analyzing information presented and making decisions based on company guidelines.
Detail oriented and ability to multi-task while meeting deadlines and achieving expected levels of quality and accuracy.
Patrons Oxford Insurance Company provides an outstanding compensation and benefit package.
Group Term Life
Long Term Care
Paid Time Off
Employee Assistance Program
Onsite Fitness Center
Healthy Vending Options
Patrons Oxford Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Resumes and inquiries may be submitted:
via email to:
via fax to:
via mail to:
Oxford Insurance Company
Attn: Human Resources
P O Box 3820
Portland, ME 04104
Thank you for your interest in working for Patrons Oxford.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.